Success in healthcare is mainly defined as the quality of diagnosis and treatment. Good medical outcomes is certainly the top priority of all hospitals.
Unfortunately, physicians, nurses, and hospital managers are often left alone with their professional career even in highly successful hospitals.
They struggle to systematically shape their own path in the non-stop demanding healthcare environment often due to the lack of an experienced mentor.
- In this course, first, you will be supported to find a position that fits your individual character, skills, and ambitions.
- Second, efficient tips and habits to master the stressful clinical tasks considering your personal focus will be provided.
- Third, you learn how to increase your reputation, which has a positive impact on your career.
- And last but not least, a strategic planning of your career and a systematic approach how to reach the next steps on your career ladder will accomplish this course.
Improving the life of healthcare professionals
Effective leadership and systemized personal development will eventually lead to daily performance improvements in hospitals. This is for the benefit of the hospital and the patients.
But, a continous personal development has also significantly positive effects on your career and, at least equally important, on your well-being on the job and in your private life. Have you ever noticed, that you became more self-confident both in your professional and your private life with a plethora of further positive consequences by increasing your knowledge, broadening your skills, or sharpening your competencies?
Who are you and who do you want to be?
- Your position in healthcare. Capitalizing on your unique abilities in healthcare.
- Understand yourself. What are your goals, values, and principles in life and career?
- Established profiling tools help to understand your position and roadmap.
Disenchanting the secret magic of successful people. Effective communication, smart self-management, and productive behaviors
- Self-management: Getting things done (and leave things undone).
- Tools to succeed in the clinic and in your private life. Mastering the intense daily clinical workload with ease.
- Presentation and communication techniques
- Neuro-psychological mechanisms of discipline and motivation
Learning from the best.
Analyzing techniques and skills of highly successful organizations and people.
- Your unique selling propostion. Career supporting personal brand development
- Application of tools for personal multi-channel marketing
- Demonstration of top-class communication techniques
- Behavior determines how colleagues, superiors, and patients perceive healthcare professionals` performance.
- Illustrating compelling rhetorics, body language, and effective design principles.
Develop your personal reputation campaign. Improving your communication skills. Internalize productive habits.
- Hands-on: Creating and optimizing personal marketing, presentations, and media.
- Video assisted learning: Recording and discussion of your performance in the course
- What are the next steps on your career ladder? Develop your personal career plan: What is necessary to reach your goals.
Communication is key to a successful career in healthcare. It defines how patients, colleagues, employees, superiors, and partners value your competencies.
Insufficient communication masks your top performance, therewith, at best, slows down your career. It also impairs the patients` trust. There is evidence, that lack of confidence in the caregivers leads to less optimal healing.
Hence, parts of this course aim to improve your communication skills and to foster your relationship skills that can be used both in professional and in private life.
The modules of the course
04a - Self-management in medicine
This module provides healthcare professionals with a simple and directly applicable self-management system for hospitals.
It covers topics like goal-setting, finding the right mindset, taking over useful habits, setting priorities, and tools to optimize the workflow in almost every professional context but emphazises the specific requirements of working in a hospital or practice.
04b - Presentation techniques for healthcare professionals
Healthcare professionals should master the art of effective and compelling communication. This module introduces to basic techniques for a compelling structure of a presentation, an easy to use rhetoric arsenal and recommendations for an effective use of body language.
We support you in creating your personal brand in healthcare using online and social media.
04c - Negotiation techniques for healthcare professionals
A successful career in the healthcare sector relies on good medical expert knowledge, of course, but also on a stable inter-professional network, and, not least, on successful daily negotiations in the hospital.
We introduce you to basic terms of the art of negotiation according to established textbooks and the world`s renowned and top negotiation experts.